Our inside selves determine our outside world

“Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives.”   …    William James

Wow … am I ever happy!  I’m home from the hospital!  I’m not only home … but I’m home, healthy and moving ahead again!!  There’s no holding me back now … I have survived the fire-walk and I am ready to roar!  Life is good and I refuse to see it as anything else … realistically …what would be the point of that anyway? Every moment of every day I find in the outside world a reflection of what is running and galloping around my inner landscape. So … having said that I’m sure that you can see how it behooves me to make sure that the inside spaces of me are populated with Perky Polly’s, Sunshine Sue’s and Faithful Fran’s positive and forward-looking thoughts.

Following some really major surgery in July I was blessed to have an opportunity to stay at an amazing, compassionate and supportive physio-rehab hospital. What an eye opener!  Apart from the obvious health benefits and non-stop encouragement; every day  I had opportunities to view just how right William Jame was when he said: “Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives.”  In that place I witnessed people … who had no chance for any improvement in their physical circumstances … happily participating in life and activities. They were busy making the best … both inside and outside …of what life had handed them.  On the flip side … I listened to other souls who … despite how major or minor their injuries were … constantly complained and look for the negative in everything and everyone.

I’m home now … and in more ways than just the obvious physical one. I’ve had a lot of time to think and to observe. I’ve looked without and I’ve spent a great deal of time looking within and I realized that if I don’t like what I see – either inside of me OR in my outside world – than I had best be willing to do something about ME before I start complaining and pointing fingers outward. A dear friend said last night: “The body is the shape of your consciousness.”  I agree.  Now I am more determined than ever that my inner Home be naturally and happily filled with beautiful, caring and upbeat thoughts  … because … I believe … that then my “Inner Polly”and my Consciousness …will be reflected all around me … for myself … and for everyone else to see.

Arinaste (from my heart to your heart)

Susanne

Advertisements

About embracingchoice

Motivational Speaker, Author, Tweeter & Blogger (lovin' it!!) ... Owner & Leader of The Compassionate Advantage (http://www.compassionate-advantage.com)
This entry was posted in Change, Choice, Dreams, Goals, Growth, Inspiration, Life, Motivation, Motivational Quotes, People, Positive, Positivity, Uplifting, spiritual, authentic, authenticity, Quotes, thought provoking,, Tomorrow, Uplifting and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Our inside selves determine our outside world

1. evocative embrace says:

Happy Healing – loving the Motivation Monday posts!

2. Hi Suzanne ~ I’m so happy to hear you’re back and on the mend. It’s amazing how much a positive attitude can greatly improve recovery. I wish the health system would also help people who need more inner strength and incorporate more positive healing environments.

• Susanne says:

Thanks Sue! I’m feeling really great … learning to listen to my body so that I can support it on its journey back to health … looking forward with anticipation and delight … and remembering to be grateful … every moment of every day! Life really IS good and I’m so blessed to be able to share it with wonderful and thoughtful friends such as yourself. Wishing you a wonderful day! Susanne

3. Susanne says:

😀 Thanks once again John … I’m sure that EVERYONE’S eyes are MUCH happier now … I know that I wouldn’t have wanted to be squinting at that tiny little writing! Wishing you a wonderful week … Susanne

4. Susan Thompson says:

Welcome Home Susanne!!!!! I’m happy to hear that you are well on you way to healing and feeling better!!! Many healing thoughts and prayers still being sent your way.
    Believe me when I say we definitely see Perky Polly, Sunshine Sue and Faithful Fran in your writings and enjoy them all so much. They help chase away my own Fearful Felicia and Negative Nellie , while allowing Reflective Rosie to appear more. Soon my very own Sunshine Sue will stay longer and longer in my daily Life.
    Thanks for your helping and motivational words!!
    Sue

• Susanne says:

Hi Sue! Thank you so much for your healing thoughts and prayers … I believe that we can never receive, allow and gratefully accept too many “suggestions” to the Universe on our behalf. Again … thank you. I am so-o-o happy to be home and to have had the opportunity … challenging as it sometimes was … to reset my inner GPS to align more closely with Life’s intentions and my own soul’s desires. Life rocks and I am blessed to be a part of it … wishing you a great day and week. Susanne

5. it’s all about perspective. if we choose to look at the bright side of things, then we have a lot of things to be happy about. our life is great. anyways, it was a good read and i don’t mean to complain but if there was something i want to ask of you, it’s that you use larger fonts. your content is great and it would be better if people can read it easily, unless there’s a particular reason you’re keeping your fonts small. anyways just a suggestion, no harm intended.

• Susanne says:

Hi Jonel! Thanks for your encouragement and many thanks for the heads up about the itty-bitty font … Wow … I tried out a new word processor and was greatly mislead as to the size of my final product. I think that the problem is fixed now. I enjoyed reading your blog as well. I’m glad to hear that things are going well for you now and that you are the proud papa of a beautiful little girl. It’s interesting to me how sometimes our circumstances can seem so bleak and yet, unbeknown to us, a bright future is waiting just around the corner. I’ve been in both places – the discouragement and the joy – and I am so-o-o glad that I am here now. Wishing you a great day. Susanne

Please share your thoughts ... :D

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s