“Optimism is a strategy for making a better future. Because unless you
believe that the future can be better, you are unlikely to step up and
take responsibility for making it so.” … Noam Chomsky
I’m big into “the flow” of life. I’m a huge advocate for making sure that I’m clear about my dreams, wishes and intentions and I’m REALLY big on listening for the incoming signals from radio station L.I.F.E. Right up there alongside of flowing, dreaming and listening, however, is taking action. My mom summed this up in one simple little mom-type catchphrase: “God helps those who help themselves”.
I’ve noticed that a lot of people tend to forget about this part … I guess they think that simply asking is enough. My theory on this approach is that I am the one who is walking around “down here” … and Life is the one who is hanging around creating “out there”. So … it makes sense to me that if I want to co-create something amazing with Life then it’s up to me to do the 3-D, worldly things I can do to assist in the ‘making-a-brighter-future” thing happen.
The list of things-for-which-I-am-responsible includes things like:
- Watching for the signs/synchronicities of life that guide my feet
- Talking to people who show up on my path … they’re there for a reason!
- Encouraging potential sojourners to interact with me and my “grand plans”
- Listening … to worldly advice (some of which is actually useful) … to my inner guidance (a lot of which is useful) … and to Life’s advice (ALL good!)
- Marketing in ways and at times that are in alignment with aforementioned advice
- Staying positive … having faith … and remaining committed to my dreams … no matter what the world around me may look like.
I like the idea of co-creating with Life … it means that I don’t have to shoulder all of the burden myself and that I have a fabulously successful friend who is really good at creating things to help me. I am happy to let my steps be guided and then to flow into actions that always seem to take me to exactly where I need to be. I love talking to the people who show up in my life and I’m constantly awed by the absolutely fabulous synchronicities that make me smile at the visible proof that Life is paying attention. Perky Polly, Sunshine Sue and I agree with Noam Chomsky … if we’re not enthused about co-creating a great future and making our dreams come true why would anybody else be? … so … we shall continue to laugh, advertise, meet and share joy with new people and dance through life … with Life … because for us … co-creating with joy is the best way to go.
Godspeed and Joyful Journeying Everyone!